- Procedure areas will appear very vivid in color for the first few days after the procedure. This will last for 2-5 days while the ink pigment naturally flakes off.
- Do not pick or peel at the dried ink. It has to absorb into the dermal layer.
- Brows, eyeliner or lips will appear crusty after first week. Pigment will be much lighter, returning during the 4 weeks of healing.
- Ask our front desk staff to give you an ice bag following your procedure. Keep it in the refrigerator and apply to the procedure site when you get home.
- It is advised not to make social plans for the same day and day following.
- You must heal for 4 weeks between visits. (6 weeks for lips)
On the first day…
- Don’t dust or vacuum.
- You may wish to relax with ice over your eyes or lips in the evening.
- If needed use an OTC pain reliever after the numbing agent has worn off.
- Use a FRESH PILLOW CASE.
- A gentle cleanser is recommended daily.
- Use provided cotton tipped applicators and T-RELIEF OINTMENT AM and PM till gone.
- Lips will be very dry for 2 weeks post-procedure. Use Aquaphor and provided lip balm on lips and keep well hydrated.
- No pool swimming for one week post-procedure.
The first week…
- Brow, eyeliner, and lip pigment will be very vivid in color!
- Don’t be alarmed… you will lose at least 50% of color.
- You will then have concern that the color has now ALL come off.
- Don’t worry… the color enhancement will be subtle, youthful and natural looking after 4 weeks of healing.
After the first week
- Excess sloughing of healed skin and excess pigment is expected.
- Procedure will appear much lighter.
- SPF 15 or 30 is required daily and consistently (winter too!).
- Color boosts for lips are recommended 1-7 years.
- Remember… 4 WEEKS of healing is usual before full color can be judged on eyes. Lip procedures require 6 WEEKS of healing before color can be judged.
140 Commons Court,
The Commons at Chadds Ford,
Chadds Ford, PA 19317
Have a Question?
8:30 - 4:30